Newsletter December 2019
Recruiters for the Copier Channel® for more than 30 years, Copier Careers® has been the only recruiting firm exclusively dedicated to connecting Copier Channel employers with experienced service technicians, copier sales representatives, sales managers, service & operations managers, controllers, support staff, and MPS/MNS experts. Start your month off right with the Newsletter December 2019: Copier Channel news and career advice. Search copier jobs now.
Our 2019 Sales Representative Salary Survey results are in! This year, 10,676 Copier Channel sales rep professionals responded to our survey. The resulting snapshot shows sales reps in a strong position – compensation remains good and the high demand for sales reps gives top performers opportunities for advancement. The challenge for employers is attracting top talent while protecting their current lineup from poaching.
- The average base salary across all job titles was $49,600 – up $508 from last year.
- The average sales rep commission was $68,271, up $129 from 2018.
- The average total compensation was $117,782, an increase of $808 from 2018.
- For now, those incremental increases seem to be fine with many sales reps. In recruiting calls, sales reps tell us they are happy where they are right now. Unless something happens in their current work situation, a sales rep isn’t going to return a phone call about a new opportunity.
In Case You Missed It
- 2019 Copier Tech Salary Survey
- 2019 Sales Manager Salary Survey
- 2019 Service & Operations Manager Salary Survey
In the market for a new job? Our job board features hundreds of copier jobs with top employers, updated daily. Search jobs now.
The HP board did acknowledge “potential benefits of consolidation” and stated openness to further discussion, dependent on diligence information on Xerox. In particular, the HP board cited “the decline of Xerox’s revenue from $10.2 billion to $9.2 billion (on a trailing 12-month basis) since June 2018, which raises significant questions for [HP]regarding the trajectory of [Xerox’s] business and future prospects.”
Xerox responded November 21, rejecting “one-way diligence” as a “delay tactic” and requesting that both companies undergo diligence to continue the discussion. Xerox then plunged forward, demanding response from HP by November 25th or “Xerox will take its compelling case to create superior value for our respective shareholders directly to [HP’s] shareholders. The overwhelming support [Xerox’s] offer will receive from HP shareholders should resolve any further doubts [HP has] regarding the wisdom of swiftly moving forward to complete the transaction.” Read more…
Clover Buys Clover
Clover Imaging Group announced that its executive leadership team and Norwest Equity Partners have “entered into a definitive agreement with 4L Holdings Group to acquire the Clover Imaging business unit.”
““Clover’s executive leadership team, in partnership with NEP, will once again control the destiny of the company we built — demonstrating our unwavering commitment to the success of the business and our shared confidence in the aftermarket imaging supplies industry and consumers’ demand for environmentally conscious products like ours. Under our new, very low debt structure, we have a lot of flexibility moving forward and are well positioned to write the next chapter for Clover Imaging Group. We could not be more excited about the growth opportunities this new capital and partnership will provide,” said Jim Cerkleski, Chairman of Clover Imaging Group.”
Read more news from around the industry on our News & Resources page.
Our readers respond to last month’s poll question
As we approach the close of 2019, we were curious to hear if you expect to meet your Q4 goals this year. We had solid response of 10,188 votes this month!
Folks seem to be working hard coming into December – 31% say they’re really pushing to catch up while another 29% say it’s too close to call. 19% feel confident that they’re on track – keep on trucking, guys! A full 13% have already met their goals for the years – fabulous work! However, we do have a few (85) disheartened folks who are not gonna make their goals this year – don’t let that keep you from a few start in 2020!
- I'm really pushing to catch up (31%, 3,135 Votes)
- Too close to call (29%, 2,905 Votes)
- On-track (19%, 1,918 Votes)
- Already done! (13%, 1,324 Votes)
- Not. A. Chance. (9%, 906 Votes)
Total Voters: 10,188 (November 4, 2019 @ 7:50 pm - November 29, 2019 @ 6:56 pm)
Some comments from y’all:
- “Running into a lot of customers power issues, new machines report on display when the power is not adequate, causing increased service calls, and problematic calls can make your numbers fall as well.”
- “Had to take 4 months off for spinal fusion surgery this summer. So grateful for my 4 years of relationship building. Having a great quarter, trying to help my company recoup as many sales as possible!”
- “Stellar year – president’s club is in the bag!”
- “Had a strong start to the year, but some setbacks over the summer are putting me in danger. Pushing to catch-up but it’s gonna be close…
Looking for top Copier Channel professionals? Copier Careers helps industry employers find the qualified staff they need to grow their businesses. Learn more.