FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: June 1st, 2018
For more information:
Phone: (888) 733-4868
Fax: (800) 464-3434
Copier Careers® Publishes 2018 Service Technician Salary Survey Results
The Copier Careers 2018 Service Technician Salary Survey results are now available! This year’s survey reflects the responses of 4,740 Copier Channel technical service professionals across the United States. Copier Careers uses these annual surveys to provide a year-by-year snapshot of how well industry professionals are compensated, how satisfied they are in their careers and how closely their needs are aligning with the needs of their employers.
- This year, copier techs reported that their average salary and bonuses increased to $47,405 and $6,305 respectively in the past year —an increase of 2.6%.
- Despite increased salary and bonuses, 72% of respondents said they are “actively” or “somewhat” looking for a new job. Techs on the job hunt cite “opportunities too good to pass up” in this red-hot market.
- These techs are not only looking for improved compensation and benefits but also companies that prioritize working in a supportive team setting, education/training opportunities and working with leading-edge technology.
- Copier Channel employers need to up their game when it comes to attracting candidates – 79% of survey respondents said their company is “poor” or “totally unsatisfactory” at attracting talent. While 57% gave their company a positive rating in retaining existing staff, the high demand from top techs may lure even the most loyal away.
Overall, service technicians in 2018 want their pay to reflect market demand and how they have adapted their problem-solving skills and trouble-shooting work in the age of IT solutions. Employers need to address these factors to help their company attract qualified candidates or risk losing out to dedicated IT providers.
Stay Tuned for Our Next 2018 Salary Surveys
- July: Sales Managers Salary Survey
- August: Service & Operations Managers Salary Survey
- December: Sales Representative Salary Survey
Visit the Copier Careers® website today!
Copier Careers® is a recruiting firm dedicated exclusively to helping Copier Channel employers find experienced service techs, copier sales reps, sales managers, service & operations managers, controllers, back office staff, and MPS/MNS experts. Learn more about our commitment as the only Recruiters for the Copier Channel℠ at www.CopierCareers.com or call 888-733-4868 to speak with a recruiter.
Copier Careers® More than Resumes, Candidate