Poll: Will You Meet Your 2020 Goals?
Most Find Original 2020 Goals Out of Reach
Last month we discussed ways to stay motivated even in an extended crisis. So we were curious to hear how your motivation was going – do you think you’ll make your 2020 goals before the end of the year? We had a solid turnout of 14,328 votes this month!
The majority of respondents (56%) said they weren’t going to meet their goals but did their best considering the circumstances. Another 25% said it’s too close to call at this point. The remaining 19% felt more optimistic – 17% said they were on-track and 2% said their goals were already met.
Compared to our 2019 poll, the stresses of 2020 are evident. Last year, we had 32% of the vote either on-track (19%) or already done with their goals (13%). And considering how optimistic most of us were about 2020 back in December 2019, it’s likely many had more ambitious goals.
Here are the full results:
Will you meet your 2020 goals?
- No but I’ve done my best under the circumstances (56%, 7,976 Votes)
- It’ll be close (25%, 3,542 Votes)
- I’m on-track (17%, 2,365 Votes)
- Already done! (2%, 248 Votes)
- What rock have you been under (and can I join you)? (0%, 29 Votes)
Some comments from y’all:
- “I can’t believe it, but I’m going to surpass 2019.”
- “My income is down from last year. Trying to make a few deals year end to recover. But will be close to 100% of my revenue plan.”
- “My goal was to stay employed but I was laid off with other techs during COVID. Now my only goal is to get back to work again – I’ve been unemployed for 8 months now.”
- “I’m staying optimistic on the things I can control.”
- “Thirty-two years in the industry, eight years working for a large corporate manufacturer… Compensation this year is receding by 18% – 20 years of gains just gone. I’m happy to still be employed but it’s still not enough to pay the bills!”
- “I’m inventing new ways to do business, hitting my goals. Hard work!”
- “I am very fortunate to come off furlough after 5 months and now work with a wonderful company and great people, I’m also glad for copier careers newsletter dedicated to this very important field of work that we do.” [Hey, thanks!]
- “My goal was to find a job. 2020 laughed at me. Still, I hold out hope!”