Copier Careers® Your source for Copier Channel news.
2020 Industry News Reflections
2020 Industry News
As 2020 comes to a close, it’s time to look back at the big stories from the past year. COVID, of course, looms large this year but we shouldn’t forget other 2020 industry news stories.
Xerox & HP Drama Is a Big Deal, Until It Isn’t
- February: Xerox – led by Carl Icahn – Proposes Buying Out HP. HP is not amused.
- March: Xerox proceeds anyway, Canon threatens breakup with HP if Xerox succeeds, HP takes poison pill.
- April: Xerox suddenly withdraws hostile HP buyout offer, blaming COVID-19. HP barely acknowledges the end of Xerox’s unwelcome pursuit.
- April: Copier Careers sends a message of hope to the industry, creates landing page for news and resources on COVID-19.
- April: In light of COVID-19, Copier Careers delays publishing annual salary surveys.
- April: HP announces partner relief initiatives.
- July: US Bureau of Labor Statistics released encouraging increases in June employment rate.
- September: Copier Careers invites readers to share their COVID-19 disruption stories.
- October: Copier Careers featured in Cannata Report’s Business As Unusual webinar, offering a snapshot of the industry’s hiring response to COVID-19
Kodak Pivots to Pharmaceuticals
- July: US DFC loans $756M to help launch Kodak Pharmaceuticals. Kodak stocks soar.
- August: SEC investigation opened over corruption allegations, deal put on hold. Kodak stocks plummet.
- September: Kodak shares continue volatility
- October: Kodak pushing forward on pharmaceutical production regardless of US loan status.
Maze Ransomware Attacks
- July: Xerox allegedly attacked by Maze Ransomware.
- September: Canon confirms attack from Maze Ransomware, 5% of stolen files leaked online.