OEM Certified Technician is needed for our client to focus on a territory in the Santa Rosa, CA and Sonoma County markets. Ideal candidate will have specific OEM background, but they’re open to overall industry experience. Impeccable driving record required as a company vehicle and gas card is provided for the position.
- Serves customers by identifying their needs; engineering adaptations of products, equipment, and services.
- Repairs and maintains office equipment by performing diagnostic tests; cleaning, repairing, or replacing parts and components; maintains parts and supplies inventory.
- Maintains customers’ operations by maintaining equipment performance; providing training.
- Provides high level of customer service and technical support via the telephone, online, or in person.
- Plans office equipment service work by studying complaints and requests; planning, routing, and confirming service appointments.
- Maintains customer rapport by greeting customer upon arrival at location; understanding equipment complaints.
- Ensure service work is not disturbing the daily activities of the organization.
- Sets-up equipment by delivering, unpacking, assembling, and completing diagnostics; obtaining acceptance by customer.
- Installs systems and products by ordering and delivering components; installing equipment; programming systems; completing acceptance tests.
- Maintains office equipment parts and supplies inventory by checking stock; anticipating needs; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; stocking items.
- Maintain equipment through proper testing and troubleshooting.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for all service department programs and manage service tickets.
- Determines causes of office equipment failure by attempting to operate equipment; observing functioning; conducting diagnostic tests using meters, signal generators, and oscilloscopes; researching engineering and service manuals.
- Provides customer support by providing training; responding to requests; resolving problems both on-site and on the telephone.
- Completes preventive maintenance by cleaning, lubricating, and adjusting parts, assemblies, and components.
- Documents service actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Complies with regulations by adhering to codes, specifications, and rules.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Higher consideration given to candidates with OEM certification
- Functional and Technical Skills
- IT knowledge, moderate to above average computer skills
- Prior experience with printer support, manufacturing, or service (preferred)
- Solid technical support skills
- Mechanical Inspection Tools
- Equipment Maintenance
- Customer Service
- Customer Training
- Client Relationships
- Results Driven
- Problem Solving
- Verbal Communication
- Written Communication
- Reporting Skills
Santa Rosa, CA 94928-2137 USA