9892: VP of Field Services
Our client is seeking a VP of Field Services (VPFS) that will be responsible for leading a Nationwide team performing installation, service, and repair of devices are that are outside of the copier and office solutions channel. The VPFS will also serve as a mentor by providing direction and support for the division leadership, field service, training and technical services teams. The VPFS is responsible for ensuring service excellence by establishing critical processes and procedures for the service division. The VPFS will work hand-in-hand with the operations team to ensure that all the requirements and service metrics are met on a consistent basis. Take full profit and loss (P&L) responsibility for the service division.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead a cross functional team of external field service technicians, trainers, internal technical services, and supervisors.
- Supervise, direct, motivate and lead the departments team members including employee development; compensation issues; paid time off; assessing skills and competencies; mentoring and training to assure employee satisfaction and retention.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Recruit and interview candidates with ability to recognize talent and make recommendations on final hiring decisions.
- Build a teamwork atmosphere that ensures a high degree of employee satisfaction and productivity while holding individuals accountable for their actions.
- Create/refine processes, identify process issues, recommend solutions, develop corrective action plans, identify operational efficiencies/deficiencies through process improvement initiatives, and promote best practices.
- Ensure that changes in processes are communicated and are aligned with other functional areas of the business and in place.
- Define the process for logistical planning and execution of the field service team including software and leading technology tools.
- Create key performance indicators, tracks trends, and implement best practices. Report business metrics, target and define new opportunities, act as resource for sales team and customer in the area of service, savings and opportunities.
- Responsible for guidelines being observed by the team for the creation of field bulletins, ticket updates, and training records.
- Serve as a coach and supporter to facilitate problem solving and accomplishment of Territory goals.
- Manage employee recognition to ensure the Field Service technicians are recognized for their contributions.
- Conduct regular meetings with the field service technicians to show metrics results, actions. Daily follow ups with low performers.
- Has accountability and budget responsibility for field service mission-critical support and infrastructure.
- Ensure effective delivery of daily operations by meeting and exceeding service level agreement objectives. Ensure cases are managed, tracked, escalated, and resolved appropriately.
- Ensure resources receive adequate training to support customers through an on-boarding and on-going training and certification program.
- Ensure product and/or service issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Oversee management of travel and vacation schedule to ensure correct amount of staffing is available at all times to support the customer base.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and coaching of employees in accordance with company policy.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
Green Bay, WI 54302 USA