Technician needed for an independent dealer in Orland Park, IL. Candidate must have industry experience along with networking capabilities. Experience on our client’s OEM is required, and the ability to troubleshoot advanced issues preferred.
- Serves customers by identifying their needs; engineering adaptations of products, equipment, and services.
- Repairs and maintains office equipment by performing diagnostic tests; cleaning, repairing, or replacing parts and components; maintains parts and supplies inventory.
- Maintains customers’ operations by maintaining equipment performance; providing training.
- Provides high level of customer service and technical support via the telephone, online, or in person.
- Serves existing accounts by analyzing work orders; planning daily travel schedule; investigating complaints; conducting tests; resolving problems.
- Plans office equipment service work by studying complaints and requests; planning, routing, and confirming service appointments.
- Maintains customer rapport by greeting customer upon arrival at location; understanding equipment complaints.
- Ensure service work is not disturbing the daily activities of the organization.
- Sets-up equipment by delivering, unpacking, assembling, and completing diagnostics; obtaining acceptance by customer.
- Installs systems and products by ordering and delivering components; installing equipment; programming systems; completing acceptance tests.
- Maintains office equipment parts and supplies inventory by checking stock; anticipating needs; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; stocking items.
- Maintain equipment through proper testing and troubleshooting.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for all service department programs and manage service tickets.
- Determines causes of office equipment failure by attempting to operate equipment; observing functioning; conducting diagnostic tests using meters, signal generators, and oscilloscopes; researching engineering and service manuals.
- Provides customer support by providing training; responding to requests; resolving problems both on-site and on the telephone.
- Completes preventive maintenance by cleaning, lubricating, and adjusting parts, assemblies, and components.
- Documents service actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Complies with regulations by adhering to codes, specifications, and rules.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Higher consideration given to candidates with OEM certification
- Functional and Technical Skills
- IT knowledge, moderate to above average computer skills
- Prior experience with printer support, manufacturing, or service (preferred)
- Solid technical support skills
- Mechanical Inspection Tools
- Equipment Maintenance
- Customer Service
- Customer Training
- Client Relationships
- Results Driven
- Problem Solving
- Verbal Communication
- Written Communication
- Reporting Skills
- Quality Focus
Orland Park, IL 60467 USA