10714: Production Systems Specialist–Eastern Region
Direct Manufacturer is seeking a Production System Specialist to cover the Eastern Region of the US. This person is responsible for developing and supporting their client’s service partners. This role is also responsible for monitoring, investigating and providing in-depth reporting on the field performance of all assigned products.
- Providing technical support on specific Production Systems.
- Demonstrating high-level technical skills on hardware, firmware, software, and network technical issue resolution.
- Using advanced troubleshooting tools & techniques to resolve escalated customer issues for business partners.
- Performing root cause analysis through critical thinking skills and troubleshooting methodologies.
- Providing detailed and thorough documentation of field activities.
- Facilitating proper cross-communication between management, sales and domestic engineering groups.
- Providing field practices to authorized dealers.
- Managing assigned territory, assisting service business partners to achieve performance levels in keeping with industry standards. Ensuring partners are fully supported in all technical and procedural procedures.
- Supporting Quality Assurance and Regional Management to set up product monitoring programs and Technical Roundtable meetings.
- As required, conducting formal & informal service training classes to ensure the technical competency of service partner personnel.
- Occasionally monitoring training classes for quality control purposes and may suggest improvement views of the training courseware and program.
- Providing Technical Hotline, phone, fax and e-mail and other remote support functions in support of other departments, as requested through management.
- Working closely with Sales to train new and existing dealers to ensure they are technically proficient on hardware and software products they have been trained on to maximize the potential for additional sales. Also ensuring that the service partner can support the products they sell.
- Providing support at Business & Trade Shows, internal sales meetings, external road shows, and other events as required.
- Making on-the-spot decisions based on the situation at hand to maximize customer satisfaction, within acceptable corporate guidelines.
- Assisting in development and training of Dealer Production Service personnel.
- Providing field support by:
- Troubleshooting, and repairing production products to address high-level escalated hardware support issues from our client’s technical, install and de-install devices.
- Providing technical expertise to our client and in the field assisting the dealer network.
- Providing urgent and high visibility third-level technical support (on-site or via phone) to the dealer network of field technicians and OEM authorized dealers.
- Troubleshooting electromechanical and connectivity based issues.
- Providing timely and cost-effective solutions.
- Ensuring products meet all manufacturing and operational specifications.
- Minimum of 5 years industry production print experience is required.
- Associates Degree in appropriate technical subject or equivalent certification and/or business experience highly desirable.
- Industry recognized Net+ and MCP certifications.
- Industry recognized MCSE, MCTS, MCITP, or MCSA certification is highly desirable.
- Must possess highly developed communication & writing skills.
- Must demonstrate high level of classroom and web-based teaching skills.
- Must possess a high desire to accept a leadership role.
- Up to 80% travel (average is 75% of all working days per year) as well as some weekend travel.
- Position may require ability to lift heavy equipment or pushing & positioning.
Eastern Region, NJ 07645 USA
To apply for this job please visit copiercareers.com.