Technician needed for a Technician opportunity in Montgomery County, MD and greater DC market. Candidates will be the first responders to all service calls related to both IT/Networking and their Copiers, Printers and other hardware devices. Effective verbal and written communication to both the employer and their client is a must. A+ and IT training would be ideal as well for the position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide service and maintenance support, including, but not limited to, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting device and connectivity issues, performing service and repairs, ordering, managing and distributing supplies and consumables.
- Serve as the initial point of contact for all service and supply related requests.
- Arrange and coordinate all maintenance services.
- Maintain contracted customer uptime, respond and handle all service calls within one (1) hour of receipt of call.
- Monitor device statistics, including toner and staple levels on the network.
- Maintain onsite inventory of parts/supplies. Schedule and place orders for replenishment with the Supplies Administrator.
- Help identify potential equipment service problems before they arise.
- Maintain a copier/printer service call log for all machines covered by this agreement. All service calls will be logged using the company designated phone via RemoteTech software.
- Upon completion of a service request, the customer is informed of the resolution to the problem. This position will also close out the service call logged into RemoteTech software.
- Ability to work with customer’s IT staff to diagnose and solve network issues related to equipment. Also work with IT staff when needed.
- Contact the customer to provide updates on service orders, respond to customer questions, and effectively communicate service problems, customer complaints and labor relations problems with the Service Manager.
- Ability to be on site Monday through Friday from 7:30AM to 4:30PM.
- Candidate will use uniform for clear identification.
- Any duties are subject to change as support requirements develop.
Montgomery County, MD 20855 USA