10565: Federal Sales Executive
Our client is seeking a highly motivated Federal Sales Executive with experience selling directly into federal agencies. Reporting directly to their SVP of Sales, you will be responsible for new account development, prospecting for new opportunities with government agencies, and building and managing a pipeline of opportunities. Working alongside the Bid & Capture and Account Management teams, your role will also involve spearheading initiatives on approved opportunities. This includes devising successful bid strategies, facilitating coordination of internal resources, actively participating in the proposal process, and taking charge of communications with potential clients.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Research, develop and prospect new businesses opportunities across the federal government.
- Shape opportunities by engaging with prospective clients, fostering relationships, and gaining insights into potential opportunities before RFPs are released.
- Leverage contract vehicles – such as its GSA schedule and SEWP contract – to secure new MPS opportunities across both federal civilian and defense agencies.
- Secure and lead both virtual and in-person meetings and product demonstrations with potential government customers.
- Maintain and grow relationships with existing customers and accounts, recommending product and service enhancements to improve overall customer satisfaction and to drive additional sales.
- Identify new potential channel and OEM partners, lead onboarding process, and manage key vendor relationships.
- Represent our client at industry-related events, conferences, and tradeshows.
- Bachelor’s Degree and five to ten (5-10) years of experience in federal sales.
- Highly motivated and independent producer with proven success targeting and establishing credibility with sophisticated customers.
- Strong background in sales and new business development experience within the federal public sector.
- Knowledge of government contracting and current acquisition trends and customer buying behaviors (Federal GWACs/IDIQs/BPAs /OTAs).
- Must be a goal-oriented team player with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in office technology, business-to-business, and outside sales experience.
- Strong communication skills including the desire to build solid working relationships.
- An interest in learning new technology in an evolving industry.
- The ability to work autonomously and excellent time management skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 365 (including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook) required.
Montgomery County, MD 20855 USA