The Top 5: Ways to Increase Your Work Energy
Tips from the trenches to keep your copier career on track
Caffeine-Free Ways to Boost Your Work Energy
There’s something so satisfying about a hard day’s work. It feels great to go home at the end of the day knowing you’ve given it your all. But no matter how good your intentions, sometimes you just don’t have the energy to give 100 percent, especially in the dark of winter. If low energy is preventing you from being your most productive, try a few of these tips to keep you on your toes:
- Eat breakfast. Eating even a small meal right away in the morning will kickstart your metabolism and boost your energy level. Experts recommend breakfasts high in protein and calcium. Try a boiled egg and a cup of yogurt or some string cheese and roasted nuts.
- Get organized. Spend the first few minutes of your workday organizing your desk or your service vehicle. Having your tools and paperwork in the proper place will save you time and energy later in the day.
- Move around. If you’re stuck at a desk, get up and move around every once in awhile. Take a short walk or do some light stretches to keep the blood flowing.
- Follow the 20-20-20 rule. If you spend a lot of time using a computer, follow the 20-20-20 rule to keep your eyes fresh: look at something 20 feet away from your screen for 20 seconds every 20 minutes.
- Get enough sleep. Twenty percent of Americans say they average less than 6 hours of sleep a night, which is not nearly enough for most working adults. Go to bed a little earlier tonight, and you’ll thank yourself tomorrow morning.