Copier Careers® More than resumes, candidates®.
The Top 5: 2023 Recruiting Resolutions
Job Seekers, Look for These Growth-Focused Employers
Hiring in 2022 has been a challenge. Any employer serious about growing next year should add these recruiting resolutions to their list. Moreover, any job seekers should keep an eye out for these resolutions in action – they are hallmarks of proactive, growing and leading-edge employers.
- Streamline your hiring process. We won’t stop emphasizing the importance of speed and efficiency when hiring until everyone starts listening. If you don’t respond to applications within 24 hours, if you don’t get your interviews scheduled within a week, if you can’t make a decision in three interviews or less; your hiring process is too slow! If you can’t commit to fast, clear and decisive communication when hiring, you will lose the best candidates to your competition.
Job Seekers: If an employer is organized, efficient and decisive during the interview process, that’s a promising sign!
- Be proactive. You have to manage your workforce like a supply chain. If you aren’t proactively building your backbench or making opportunistic hires, normal employee attrition will leave your short-staffed. This reduces efficiency, increases burnout for your remaining employees and bottlenecks your overall growth. You should be prepared to jump on a high-value candidate!
Job Seekers: An employer who adds a role just for you clearly sees your value and has a solid-growth mindset!
- Get competitive. Stop wasting your time trying to find someone to work for 2008 wages – the only candidates desperate enough to accept are the ones without other options. The most desirable candidates with the expertise you need are fielding multiple offers. If you want to compete, you have to get competitive! That means bringing up your compensation and benefits. We see a significant improvement in candidate interest and hiring rates when employers improve compensation.
Job Seekers: An employer with competitive compensation shows they are well-researched, serious about hiring and know the value that this role brings to their organization!
- Commit to employee retention. If you’re hiring, you know how hard it is to find a replacement. So give your existing employees plenty of reasons to stay! That means competitive compensation for everyone, promotion paths, training and certification options, a healthy company culture and efforts to show appreciation. Every employer says they want loyal employees but loyalty isn’t a one-way street and it certainly isn’t free!
Job Seekers: An employer who offers additional training or has a history of promoting from within shows that they see their employees not as an expense but as an investment!
- Be flexible. The business solutions industry is still at essentially zero unemployment. Even in big markets, the right skills are hard to find and if you’re in a smaller market, there simply may not be fully qualified candidates in your area. Make provisions to offer relocation packages to candidates willing to move. Be willing to talk to candidates from other industries with transferrable skills. Create entry-level positions and actively recruit young adults who are willing to learn.
Job Seekers: An employer training new employees shows they have existing experts to do the training, a future-focus and flexible problem solving skills!