FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: June 1st, 2022
For more information:
Phone: (763) 231-8388
Fax: (612) 767-2738
Copier Careers® Publishes 2022 Mid-Year Recruiter Q&A
The Copier Careers 2022 Mid-Year Recruiter Q&A is now freely available. Since the upheaval in 2020, Copier Careers has published insights and analysis of the highly volatile job market for the industry. For Q1-Q2 of 2022, we interviewed our recruiters about the state of recruiting in the industry - from the challenges to the opportunities.
- In a candidates’ market, hiring managers need a sense of urgency and an efficient hiring process. Candidates are interviewing with multiple companies, so if you’re not moving fast, be aware that your competitors just might be.
- Network savvy technicians are in high demand because dedicated IT providers are competing directly for those candidates. Dealers must be proactive to keep those techs from being poached from the industry.
- Employers can't offer pre-2021 compensation. Companies must at least match a candidate’s existing salary. But money is not always the answer. Some candidates may take similar or even lower compensation for an exciting opportunity, a hot territory or new technology.
- Compensation is only part of the conversation. Candidates are also concerned with company culture, opportunities to advance and work-life balance. Candidates from other industries might also want to talk about remote work. Be prepared to meet new or changing expectations.
- Employers want to see stability in a candidate’s pre-pandemic career, and candidates should have reasonable explanations for job hopping. Retention is a very high priority now with some companies even incentivizing stability and long tenures.
- Employers should be ready to negotiate or renegotiate with a strong candidate. They may be speaking with other employers and will walk away if they don’t feel the offer meets their needs and market value.
- Companies don't have a lot of choices in this market, so they need to do the leg work. An employer can’t just turn the rare candidate down on a whim or technicality. If you're on the fence, still talk to the candidate - or someone else will.
Copier Careers Panel
Jessica Crowley is the senior vice president and regional recruiter for the Northeast. She has been proactively recruiting with Copier Careers for more than a decade and celebrated her 500th placement this year. Jessica received the Copier Careers Recruiting Excellence® Award for her outstanding work in 2021.
Jenna Humbert is the regional recruiter for the Midwest and Texas. She is in her second year recruiting with Copier Careers. Jenna received the Copier Careers Recruiting Excellence® Award for her outstanding work in 2021.
Matthew Tien is the regional recruiter for the West Coast, Alaska and Hawaii. He recently celebrated his first anniversary with Copier Careers and is on-track for another strong year in 2022. Matt was recognized several times for his exemplary recruiting in 2021 and 2022.
David Lind, SFC USA Retired, is the director of recruiting and regional recruiter for the Southeast. He joined Copier Careers in October of 2021. Dave came to us with over 20 years of leadership, training, management and recruiting experience and hit the ground running with our Adaptive Retainer Recruiting® model. Dave was recognized several times for his exemplary recruiting in 2022.
Copier Careers® is a recruiting firm dedicated exclusively to helping Copier Channel employers find experienced service techs, copier sales reps, sales managers, service and operations managers, controllers, back office staff, and MPS / MNS experts. Learn more about our commitment as the only Recruiters for the Copier Channel® at www.CopierCareers.com or call 763-231-8388 to speak with one of our recruiters. Whether you’re an employer, employee or job seeker, Copier Careers is here for you!
Copier Careers® More than Resumes, Candidates®