Poll: What Is Your Biggest 2021 Challenge So Far?
Top 2021 Challenge Tied Sales and Hiring
Last month we published our 2021 Mid-Year Update. One of the main challenges we observed, was hiring in this ultra-competitive job market. So we were curious to hear about the top 2021 challenge you were experiencing. We had a solid turnout of 11,292 this month!
Just about tied as the top challenges were meeting quota, with 41% of the vote, and hiring more people, with 40%. 9% said they were struggling to bring on new clients while another 7% were focused on eliminating their competition. The remaining 4% were having a challenging job search.
It makes sense that quota concerns topped the list as sales reps make up a big portion of our monthly readers – they have had their work cut out for them this year. Similarly, hiring managers are working in a red-hot job market while their companies are recovering from the pandemic. In contrast, only 4% said they had trouble finding a job – that’s because this is a candidate’s job market!
Here are the full results:
What is your biggest 2021 challenge so far?
- Meeting my quota (41%, 4,583 Votes)
- Hiring more people (40%, 4,496 Votes)
- Getting new clients (9%, 989 Votes)
- Eliminating my competition!! (7%, 735 Votes)
- Finding a job (4%, 489 Votes)
Some comments from y’all:
- “The first quarter was brutal, 2nd quarter was much better, hoping 3rd quarter is great!”
- “I joined the ranks of The Great Resignation in June. Will be looking for a job after relocating to a new state.”
- “Things are starting to pick back up. There is light at the end of the tunnel for some. Only the strong seemed to survive this pandemic and I am looking forward to new and better equipment on the horizon.”
- “My company still has me on the same partial work schedule from the pandemic. At this point, I’ve watched my entire marketplace return full-time and customers expect us to be there full-time as well. This fact, coupled with my corporation’s lack of trust in long-term employees is pushing me away after 26 years.”
- “Getting equipment”
- “My #1 goal for 2021 is to get away from my current employer. If I wrote out what the new ‘rules’ were, no one would believe me. A hostile work environment would be a gift, at this point.”
- “I am a bit surprised that ‘getting new clients’ is only 9%. I am prospecting at a very high level and am seeing little interest from clients to change due to economic uncertainty. Comparatively, ‘hiring more people’ is not as difficult as long as expectations are attainable.”