The Top 5: Strategies for Copier Channel Hiring
Tips from the trenches to keep your copier career on track
Attract Top Talent with These Copier Channel Hiring Strategies
As recruiters, we are often asked what might seem to be an easy question: “How quickly can you find someone to fill this position?” The answer isn’t quite so simple, as we discussed in our recent White Paper. We do, however, have a few tips for attracting top talent:
- Hire proactively. Because Copier Channel professionals have specialized skills and very specific training requirements, it is critical to recruit and hire proactively. If the right candidate comes along before you have an opening, the best decision might be to hire now.
- Build bench strength. Offer opportunities for your team to learn new things and advance in their careers. It will enhance job satisfaction and might reduce turnover.
- Always talk to potential candidates. In a channel with more jobs than job seekers, never turn down a chance to talk with a potential job candidate. Be willing to invest in a candidate with skills learned on other software or hardware — or one who needs only a few hours of training to become the perfect hire. Be willing to adapt.
- Be a great employer. Do you offer the benefits, work environment and opportunity for advancement that makes your business a place people want to work? Always know if your salaries and benefits are competitive.
- Be willing to wait for the right candidate. Sometimes the perfect candidate isn’t ready to change jobs, but a good candidate is worth the wait.
With the expansion of the Copier Channel likely to continue, the answer to the question is clear: The best practice to meet the demand for trained Copier Channel professionals is to be proactive, thoughtful and entrepreneurial to attract, train and retain staff. The effort you make now to add skilled professionals to the Copier Channel will have rewards when time is of the essence.