Interview Guide for Employers & Candidates
Before the interview, be prepared to answer the following questions:
- Why would the candidates leave his/her current position to come work for you?
- How can the candidate justify leaving behind a profitable client base to start over with you?
- What is your base salary, and what does a realistic total compensation package look like?
- What other benefits do you offer? (Car allowance, laptop, phone, etc.)
- Are your current sales reps hitting their quotas?
- How much time typically passes from the moment you first contact a candidate to the day you present an offer?
The marketplace for successful sales reps is extremely competitive. Be prepared to move quickly at all stages of the hiring process and stay in close communication with Copier Careers.
- What are your numbers, both throughout your career and during the most recent month/quarter?
- If you are at plan or above, what skills have helped you achieve this success?
- If you are not at plan, why not?
- What would it take for you to consider a new opportunity?
- What are you looking for in your next opportunity?
- What sets you apart from other candidates?
- How would you improve your current sales program?
- Do you have a non-compete? If so, how will it affect moving to a new company?
- What is your strategy for getting to the C-Level executives who make buying decisions?
Dress for success – professional attire is always appropriate at a job interview. Arrive on time, be courteous and confident, and don’t chew gum or engage in any other unprofessional behavior. Throughout the process, communicate frequently with Copier Careers.
Copier Careers® is a recruiting firm dedicated exclusively to helping independent copier dealers find experienced service techs, copier sales reps, managers, controllers, back office staff, and MPS experts. Copyright 2012, Copier Careers®. All rights reserved