9792: Logistics Manager
Our client is seeking an industry experienced Logistics Manager in the Greater Baltimore, MD market. The logistics manager supervises the movement, distribution, and storage of equipment & supplies within the company. Controls the flow of incoming materials and outgoing finished product to ensure customer satisfaction. Daily responsibility for planning, coordinating, and monitoring distribution operations such as transportation, warehousing, inventory, and supply chain processes, while using industry standards and best-practices.
- Plan, monitor & track inbound receipts and outbound deliveries.
- Ensure equipment is delivered safely in a timely manner as per customer criteria.
- Hire, train & evaluate Warehouse Associates and Delivery Drivers.
- Ensure that quality, quantity, customer satisfaction & financial commitments are achieved to Business Services standards.
- Prepare reports, negotiate pricing with carriers and suppliers to improve efficiency of company supply chain.
- Coordinate physical inventories of warehouse locations as directed by company financial directors.
- Manage facility maintenance for corporate offices and distribution center.
- Management of Fleet operations and 3rd-party carriers to DOT and OSHA requirements.
- Coordinate and manage vendor claims and credit reconciliation process.
- Manage wholesale bidding process, resale, lease return and long-term storage equipment to defined metrics.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve business operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work process, and work cooperatively to provide quality customer service.
- Perform other activities that support Business Services and our Sales/Service organization.
- Serve as a role model for teamwork, cooperation, client focus, professionalism, and enthusiasm for the job.
- Conducts safety training programs and ensure compliance to all safety polices and procedures.
Job Related Dimensions
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills
- Problem solving & strong organizational abilities
- Working knowledge of logistics & inventory software
- Firm grasp of supply chain, inventory, distribution, business, and management principles
- Ability to supervise, control, manage, instruct, and lead others to complete the assigned tasks along with computer skills, especially Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent work ethic, attention to detail & customer satisfaction
- Impeccable Behavior and Integrity
- Planning and organizing, (work management)
- Teamwork (cooperation)
- Work standards (concern for quality)
Greater Baltimore, MD 21117 USA