Technician needed for regional independent dealer to work out of their Wausau, WI location. Prior industry experience and networking capabilities are required for this role. Candidates with certifications will be given higher consideration.
- Serves customers by identifying their needs; engineering adaptations of products, equipment, and services.
- Repairs and maintains office equipment by performing diagnostic tests; cleaning, repairing, or replacing parts and components; maintains parts and supplies inventory.
- Maintains customers’ operations by maintaining equipment performance; providing training.
- Provides high level of customer service and technical support via the telephone, online, or in person.
- Plans office equipment service work by studying complaints and requests; planning, routing, and confirming service appointments.
- Maintains customer rapport by greeting customer upon arrival at location; understanding equipment complaints.
- Ensure service work is not disturbing the daily activities of the organization.
- Sets-up equipment by delivering, unpacking, assembling, and completing diagnostics; obtaining acceptance by customer.
- Installs systems and products by ordering and delivering components; installing equipment; programming systems; completing acceptance tests.
- Maintains office equipment parts and supplies inventory by checking stock; anticipating needs; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; stocking items.
- Maintain equipment through proper testing and troubleshooting.
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting for all service department programs and manage service tickets.
- Determines causes of office equipment failure by attempting to operate equipment; observing functioning; conducting diagnostic tests using meters, signal generators, and oscilloscopes; researching engineering and service manuals.
- Completes preventive maintenance by cleaning, lubricating, and adjusting parts, assemblies, and components.
- Provides customer support by providing training; responding to requests; resolving problems both on-site and on the telephone.
- Documents service actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Complies with regulations by adhering to codes, specifications, and rules.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Skills / Qualifications:
Clean Driving Record; Customer Service; Customer Training; Client Relationships; Clean Driving Record; General Job Knowledge, Higher consideration given to candidates with OEM certification; Functional and Technical Skills; Flexibility; IT knowledge, moderate to above average computer skills; Prior experience with printer support, manufacturing, or service preferred; Problem Solving; Office Experience – General, Job Knowledge; On-Call; Organization; People Skills; Quality Focus; Solid Technical Support Skills; Mechanical Inspection Tools; Tooling; Verbal Communication; Written Communication; Equipment Maintenance; Independence; Results Driven; Multi-Tasking; Team-player; Reporting Skills; Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
Wausau, WI 54401 USA