10564: Supply Chain Analyst
Our client is seeking a motivated Supply Chain Analyst with excellent communication abilities, strong analytic skills and, most importantly, someone who is ready to be part of a winning team. This role will be responsible for maintaining and purchasing Inventory for the company, learning purchasing policies, comparing and negotiating prices with vendors, and establishing company purchasing goals and projections for the following year.
- Purchase all items in a time sensitive manner that come through from an equipment, service, and supply order.
- Maintain proper inventory levels to minimize number of transactions.
- Place, reschedule or cancel orders. Handle inventory of all locations (minimum of every six months).
- Maintain stable supply, take necessary actions to prevent stock out or expedite deliveries. This includes anticipating demand and working with sales.
- Issue stocking and special purchase orders as required and ensure correctness of orders for all branches.
- Review all vendor rebates as well as rebate attainment level at month and quarter end, to be determined alongside of management.
- Manage the calculation and claiming of all credits as well as special claim rebates.
- Negotiate better pricing, freight terms, and return material terms. Manage supplier price, delivery and quality expectations and escalate when appropriate.
- Compare incoming quotes for maximum ROI while also holding existing vendors accountable to maintain competitive pricing.
- Correspond with all departments and vendor partners as needed on the phone and via email.
- Oversee the buy-to-pay process that also includes assisting accounts payable in troubleshooting payment of invoices. Enforce suppliers’ compliance with invoicing policies and payment terms.
- Analyze sales results on a weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis. Interact with inside and outside sales by answering questions/ problems via phone and/or e-mail.
- Build strong relationships with vendors and suppliers, as well as team members. Interact with suppliers with regard to assortment selection and promotion activities.
- Help to manage the inventory by doing stock balances, transfers, ordering, etc.
- Follow-up on all back-order statuses and communicate with proper parties.
- Collaborate with team members and management in developing future purchasing plans and sourcing potential new relationships with vendors
Qualifications, Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related field
- APICS certification a plus
- 3+ years’ experience in a purchasing role
- Strong analytical/data interpretation, problem solving, strategic influencing, and cross-functional leadership.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of purchasing processes, policy, and systems
- Proven history of effective supply management
- Able to create and administer a task priority list based on company needs
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to negotiate, establish, and process contracts
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Able to make decisions in a fast-paced environment
West Reading, PA 19610 USA
To apply for this job please visit copiercareers.com.