10485: General Manager
Our client is looking for a General Manager to increase sales in their Business Systems division, located in Pleasanton, CA. Candidates must be from the Bay Area, or have worked in the Bay Area and open to relocate back to the market.
The General Manager has P&L responsibility for the branch, ensuring that the organization meets its established performance objectives. This position leads the direction and strategy of the assigned marketplace. The General Manager oversees all actions related to sales, finance, service, and operations while working directly with the members of executive leadership team. This role develops and executes new business strategies along with client retention and expansion initiatives leveraging our client’s broad portfolio of solutions and services.
- Lead all business actions for their assigned marketplace (sales, service, and operations/administration).
- Accountable for the results of the branch P&L.
- Establish expectations for all departments and management associated.
- Review managers on their performance, MBOs, quotas, and KPIs.
- Ensure training requirements are met for all branch positions.
- Work with executive leadership on market sales initiatives and best practices.
- Report on sales activity and results through prospect pipeline analysis and sales. participation/contribution management.
- Provide written feedback regarding performance and deliver clear direction on recovery actions.
- Stay on top of industry trends to identify potential opportunities for growth.
- Educate Sales Management team on how to establish, source, and recruit a robust talent pipeline by engaging professional business networks.
- Bachelor’s or Associates degree desired
- 3+ years of P&L management experience is preferred
- 10+ years of successful sales management experience, preferably within document technology services and solutions
- Enterprise selling skills, working with key decisions makers (C-level corporate managers)
- Experience in dealer/distributor sales environments a plus
- Experience working with Salesforce.com or similar CRM
- Experience with virtual platforms (i.e. MS Teams)
- Solutions oriented, complex problem solving
- Up to 25% travel to sales branch locations within territory and to corporate HQ as needed
Pleasanton, CA 94588 USA