FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: January 3rd, 2023
For more information:
Copier Careers® Publishes 2022 Year-End Recruiter Q&A
The Copier Careers 2022 Year-End Recruiter Q&A is now freely available. Since the upheaval in 2020, Copier Careers has published insights and analysis of the highly volatile job market for the industry. For Q3-Q4 of 2022, we interviewed our recruiters about the state of recruiting in the industry - from the challenges to the opportunities.
- The surging economy has been great for the Copier Channel, but it comes with a huge downside — an extreme shortage of well-qualified candidates to fill positions across the industry.
- Over the course of 2022, our recruiters have seen many clients move from reactive hiring — working frantically to fill immediate needs — during the first half of the year to relaxing a bit and focusing on proactive hiring in the last half of the year.
- In early 2022, our recruiters saw the need to fill more employment gaps, but as supply chains improved, we saw more new positions open as employers began to plan for future growth.
- Our recruiters describe the increasing compensation across the industry as “incredible.” As employers scrambled to fill vacancies, they found compensation as the best way to attract talent.
- In a competitive industry, a drawn-out hiring process, low-ball offers and inadequate benefits can make good candidates walk away.
- Employers are looking for loyalty and stability. Hiring managers will fight to get employees with those traits.
- In a market long on job openings and short on candidates, the temptation for some candidates seeking a new position is to leverage a counteroffer from their current employer. But our recruiters say that can be a terrible career move and is highly likely to backfire.
Read more in our 2022 Year-End Q&A
Copier Careers® is a recruiting firm dedicated exclusively to helping Copier Channel℠ employers find experienced service techs, copier sales reps, sales managers, service and operations managers, controllers, back office staff, and MPS / MNS experts. Learn more about our commitment as the only Recruiters for the Copier Channel® at CopierCareers.com or call 888-733-4868 to speak with one of our recruiters. Whether you’re an employer, employee or job seeker, Copier Careers is here for you!
Copier Careers: More than Resumes, Candidates®