FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: August 1, 2019
For more information:
Phone: (888) 733-4868
Fax: (800) 464-3434
The Copier Careers® 2019 Service and Operations Manager Salary Survey results are now available! This year’s survey reflects the responses of 2,084 Copier Channel service and ops management professionals across the United States. Copier Careers uses these annual surveys to provide a year-by-year snapshot of how well industry professionals are compensated, how satisfied they are in their careers and how closely their needs are aligning with the needs of their employers.
- Industry service and ops managers’ average base salary across all job titles increased to $88,794 with a similar increase in bonuses totaling $29,895, for an average total compensation of $118,689 in 2019.
- Interestingly, when asked to pick seven factors that matter most to them, “base pay” dropped from second to seventh place compared to 2018. This indicates that other issues weigh more heavily on their job satisfaction. Factors like “benefits,” “ability to work with leading-edge tech,” “having the tools and support to do my job well,” “understanding the company’s business strategy” were all given more importance than base pay.
- Service and ops managers in 2019 report working an average of 68 hours per week, a two-hour increase from last year. Their average hours have increased 10 hours per week just since 2014 and a whopping 19 hours per week since 2006! Anecdotally, much of this time is spent trying to find qualified techs, retaining the techs they have and covering service gaps, themselves.
- Fully 99% of the service and operations managers who responded to this year’s survey say they are “actively” or “somewhat” looking for a new job. An equal percentage say they are looking because of “job opportunities too good to pass up,” and 98% of respondents say they are looking for “higher compensation.
Stay Tuned for Our Next 2019 Salary Survey
- December: Sales Representative Salary Survey
In Case You Missed It
Visit the Copier Careers® website today!
Copier Careers® is a recruiting firm dedicated exclusively to helping Copier Channel employers find experienced service techs, copier sales reps, sales managers, service & operations managers, controllers, back office staff, and MPS/MNS experts. Learn more about our commitment as the only Recruiters for the Copier Channel® at www.CopierCareers.com or call 888-733-4868 to speak with a recruiter.
Copier Careers® More than Resumes, Candidate
Copier Careers® Publishes 2019 Service and Operations Manager Salary Survey Results