Poll: How Would You Rate Your Client Relationships?
Overwhelmingly Positive Client Relationships
Last month we discussed methods for boosting customer satisfaction so we were curious to hear how you would rate your client relationships. We had a solid turnout of 7,968 votes this month!
The results were overwhelmingly positive – 80% of respondents said their client relationships were “excellent.” Another 17% rated their relationships as “good” while the remaining 3% were split between “crickets – the less I hear from them the better” (2%), “could be better” (1%). “Bad” and “I’m sure it’s not me but I just lost them to my competition” took in 4 votes each.
Why are these results so positive? There’s likely some self-selection happening here. Professionals passionate about self-improvement, customer satisfaction and relationship-building are more likely to be seeking out career advice and industry resources. Beyond that, we’ve seen this industry repeatedly evolve over the years to provide the best service for the changing office. It’s no surprise to see that our readers are pushing themselves to provide the best service – see what they said below!
Here are the full results:
- Excellent – they appreciate the value I bring them (80%, 6,387 Votes)
- Good – we’ve had some hiccups but I’ve seen them through it (17%, 1,350 Votes)
- Crickets – the less I hear from them the better (2%, 129 Votes)
- Could be better – I need to up my game (1%, 94 Votes)
- Bad – I’m just phoning it in (0%, 4 Votes)
- I’m sure it’s not me but I just lost them to my competition (0%, 4 Votes)
Total Voters: 7,968 (October 1, 2019 @ 6:25 am - November 4, 2019 @ 8:03 pm)
Some comments from y’all:
- “Treat people like you want to be treated.”
- “Relationship selling is the only way to truly have a career in sales.”
- “I’ve been providing service to my customers in my area for 15 years. I have a great relationship with everyone. They trust me and I treat them right. I would say I have a better relationship with them than I do with anyone I work with. That’s the reason a lot of them have been with me for the whole 15 years. Some have left and even come back because of me. That’s a great feeling.”
- “When you have done your job right, expect bumps in the road. You can’t stop it from raining. Don’t take it personally but do put yourself in their shoes. The world is not going to stop spinning.”
- “After being with my company for 20+ years my clients greatly appreciate a familiar and friendly face.”
- “We are currently over-staffed. Response times are good which makes customers happy, at least.”
- “A sign told me, ‘if we don’t take care of our customers, someone else will.’ Sound advice.”
- “I am an in-house tech at a major urban teaching hospital. The technicians I replaced would run other personal non-copier businesses during business hours. When I first arrived on the scene, some entire departments wouldn’t even talk to me. Recently, I overheard this conversation: When a nurse manager was asked by one of her nurses why she sees me so often the manager said, ‘Before he started coming here, the equipment never worked. Now, it ALWAYS works.’