Poll: How Do You Stay Motivated at Work?
Staying Motivated in the Workplace
As we close out the end of the year, we were curious to here how you stay motivated in your professional life. We had another record-breaking 11,890 votes this month!
The top answer this month was “finding the right solutions for my clients” with 25% of the vote. Next was a near-tie between wanting “that corner office” (23%) and saying “it’s all about that money” (22%). Helping the team took 16% of the votes and food took the remaining 14%.
Many of the comments talk about the reward of a job well-done being a powerful motivator. A few even stated that was all that was holding them to the job when other motivators such as raises and bonuses dried up. For employers, these results should show that motivation is influenced by an array of factors. Providing at least 2-3 (but preferably all) of them is the bare minimum required to keep you employees engaged. And in this extremely tight job market, these can be the key to attracting and retaining top talent.
Here are the full results:
- Finding the right solutions for my clients! (25%, 2,934 Votes)
- I want that corner office! (23%, 2,712 Votes)
- It's all about that money! (22%, 2,652 Votes)
- Helping my team do their best! (16%, 1,920 Votes)
- Feed me and I'm happy! (14%, 1,672 Votes)
Total Voters: 11,890 (October 30, 2018 @ 3:12 pm - December 1, 2018 @ 11:12 pm)
Some comments from y’all:
- “Accomplishment is motivation. Make that sales at the end of month to push you over quota and make trip. Resolve a customer billing issue that saves the account and leads to a huge sale. Repair that device that has been plaguing technicians (and the customer) forever. It is a team effort to make all this happen. Think about how your actions affect your team when performing your duties. When you are part of the team and not out for yourself great things happen!”
- “For me the motivating factor is self improvement. Striving to improve continuously and raising my personal standards.”
- “It’s all about the customer!”
- “My clients are my main focus and source of pride. My company is so far behind on reviews and has removed our bonus program. They offer no incentive or feedback to do well.”
- “It really is difficult to stay motivated at work anymore. My answer was ‘about the money’ but to be honest, it’s all about getting through the week and having two days off. That wasn’t one of the choices though.”