Poll: Are You Optimistic About Your 2019 Earning Potential?
Votes Are Split for 2019
As we close out 2018 we were curious to hear whether you were feeling optimistic about your 2019 earning potential. We had a solid turnout of 9,633 votes this month!
The results were essentially a 4-way tie between Optimistic (23%), Neutral (23%), Very Optimistic (23%), and Pessimistic (22%). Luckily, only 9% of you felt doom was coming in the New Year. To get a general sense of everyone’s mood – 46% felt some level of optimism as opposed to 31% feeling some level of pessimism. This is still a fairly even split with a slightly positive lean.
Here are the full results:
- Optimistic, good things are coming my way. (23%, 2,208 Votes)
- Things will likely stay the same. (23%, 2,207 Votes)
- Very optimistic, the future is bright! (23%, 2,177 Votes)
- Pessimistic, I see tough times ahead. (22%, 2,162 Votes)
- Very pessimistic, I'm doomed! (9%, 879 Votes)
Total Voters: 9,633 (December 3, 2018 @ 10:42 am - December 31, 2019 @ 12:42 am)
Some comments from y’all:
- “As long as the market stays strong there is no reason people wont buy. Our industry has more to offer to our customers than ever before. With DaaS (Device as a service) coming on strong we will be able to ease the management of leasing a ‘solution’ for our customers and create higher margins for us!! Let’s go get it!!”
- “I think I’ll be alright – at my company they take care of the employees.”
- “If your attitude going into 2019 is a ‘poor, poor me’ attitude, you have no chance to be a success this year. God forbid you have to go through 2008 or 2009 again! Go get a job driving a taxi cab!”
- “The cost of living continues to outpace merit increases. With a forecast of a global recession in 2019, I can see this as another reason for companies to remain even tighter with their money.”
- “Economy looks good, tax cuts have businesses fired up and buying. Our company is seeing the best year of profits on the service side, ever! We’ve been in business over 40 years. Hopefully it will continue into 2019.”
- “Starting the new year in a new place with a new attitude, it is my sincerest belief that this will be the best year ever.”
- “I think with the economy being as unstable as it is, companies aren’t going to be spending like they were in 2018.”
- “Major health issues in 2018 (out six months) impacted my earnings but my employer stood by me and I’m ready to move forward again in 2019.”
- “Anyone who answered negatively to any of these questions, my answer to you is: Slap yourself in the face and straighten out your attitude. Because if you’re attitude sucks then you are DEAD IN THE WATER! We are not in an easy business folks. I have been in this industry for 25 years so buck up shut up and listen up! The business is out there. The question is: How Hungry are you to go get it? Simple as that. How many people did you contact today? Ha! That’s not nearly enough! Triple that number, then get back to me. Contacting 50 per day? Make it 150. Try that for 6-8 weeks and watch what happens. Class dismissed!”