Newsletter January 2019
Recruiters for the Copier Channel® for more than 30 years, Copier Careers® has been the only recruiting firm exclusively dedicated to connecting Copier Channel employers with experienced service technicians, copier sales representatives, sales managers, service & operations managers, controllers, support staff, and MPS/MNS experts. Start 2019 off right with Copier Channel news and career advice. Search copier jobs now.
Do you ever feel like your professionalism is in question? Like you don’t get the respect you deserve from your colleagues, even though you see yourself as a hardworking and responsible member of the team? Maybe the language you use is bringing you down. If you notice yourself using the following phrases, stop immediately. They aren’t doing you any favors.
- “Sorry I’m late.” Everybody runs behind schedule once in awhile. But if you’re constantly apologizing for being late, you have a time management problem. Stop being sorry, start being on time.
- “That’s not in my job description.” No matter what your role is on paper, your job is to help your colleagues and your clients succeed. Refusing to help out where you’re needed makes you appear selfish, lazy, and insecure.
- “That’s above my pay grade.” Similar to number two, with overtones of “I’m just following orders” and “I’m passing the buck.”
- “That’s the way we’ve always done it.” Thanks for the insight, grandpa. Now, how about hopping on the innovation train? There is always room for improvement, and your coworkers are well aware that “That’s the way we’ve always done it” is code for “I don’t want to try something new.”
- “That’s not my problem.” When you’re a part of a team, everybody’s problems are your problems. That’s what teamwork is. Take responsibility. Take initiative. Remember – we all do better when we all do better.
Turn over a new leaf in 2019 with more Career Advice!
In the market for a new job? Our job board features hundreds of copier jobs with top employers, updated daily. Search jobs now.
As we ring in the new year, it seems a good time to reflect on the big industry changes we saw in 2018:
Xerox, Fujifilm & Investors Duke It Out (Nobody Truly Wins)
- Xerox Investors Oppose Rumored Deal with Fujifilm
- $6.1 Billion Fujifilm/Xerox Deal Announced
- Investors Continue to Fight Deal (with many open letters)
- Xerox CEO Resigns
- Xerox CEO Un-Resigns
- Xerox CEO Re-Resigns (Deal with Fujifilm Terminated)
- Investors Win a Pyrrhic Victory
- Fujifilm Unwilling to Compromise
Samsung Heir’s Ongoing Prison Saga
2018 Copier Careers Salary Surveys Released
- 2018 Copier Tech Salary Survey
- 2018 Service & Operations Manager Salary Survey
- 2018 Sales Manager Salary Survey
- 2018 Sales Representative Salary Survey
Global Imaging Systems Rebranding
Xerox announced that Global Imaging Systems will be rebranded as Xerox Business Solutions (XBS) in February 2019. The companies that make up XBS, however, will continue to use their current names to maintain their local brand recognition.
“’XBS is an important piece of our growth strategy, as we continue to penetrate the lucrative and growing SMB market,’ said Mike Feldman, president, Xerox Americas Operations. ‘By better leveraging the strengths of XBS and sharing best practices in areas such as software and IT services opportunities, we believe we can grow share with SMB customers.’”
Read more news from around the industry on our News & Resources page.
Our readers respond to last month’s poll question
As we close out 2018 we were curious to hear whether you were feeling optimistic about your 2019 earning potential. We had a solid turnout of 9,633 votes this month!
The results were essentially a 4-way tie between Optimistic (23%), Neutral (23%), Very Optimistic (23%), and Pessimistic (22%). Luckily, only 9% of you felt doom was coming in the New Year. To get a general sense of everyone’s mood – 46% felt some level of optimism as opposed to 31% feeling some level of pessimism. This is still a fairly even split with a slightly positive lean.
- Optimistic, good things are coming my way. (23%, 2,208 Votes)
- Things will likely stay the same. (23%, 2,207 Votes)
- Very optimistic, the future is bright! (23%, 2,177 Votes)
- Pessimistic, I see tough times ahead. (22%, 2,162 Votes)
- Very pessimistic, I'm doomed! (9%, 879 Votes)
Total Voters: 9,633 (December 3, 2018 @ 10:42 am - December 31, 2019 @ 12:42 am)
Some comments from y’all:
- “As long as the market stays strong there is no reason people wont buy. Our industry has more to offer to our customers than ever before. With DaaS (Device as a service) coming on strong we will be able to ease the management of leasing a ‘solution’ for our customers and create higher margins for us!! Let’s go get it!!”
- “I think with the economy being as unstable as it is, companies aren’t going to be spending like they were in 2018.”
- “I think I’ll be alright – at my company they take care of their employees.”
- “The cost of living continues to outpace merit increases. With a forecast of a global recession in 2019, I can see this as another reason for companies to remain even tighter with their money.”
- “Starting the new year in a new place with a new attitude, it is my sincerest belief that this will be the best year ever.”
Looking for top Copier Channel professionals? Copier Careers helps industry employers find the qualified staff they need to grow their businesses. Learn more.
- Everyone is on my side (24%, 2,501 Votes)
- I’m on my own (24%, 2,444 Votes)
- My coworkers have my back (24%, 2,438 Votes)
- Management will support me (22%, 2,291 Votes)
- I’m out the door (7%, 699 Votes)
Total Voters: 10,373 (December 31, 2018 @ 5:14 am - February 1, 2019 @ 5:15 am)