Copier Careers® Adaptive Retainer Recruiting®
The Top 5: Easy Job Search Prep Steps
Tips from the trenches to keep your copier career on track
Quit Procrastinating Your Job Search Prep
Hunting for a new job can feel like a big, intimidating task. Here are five quick and easy ways to take the plunge and start your job search prep today:
- Update your contact methods. When you start putting feelers out, you need to be ready to respond promptly and professionally. Before giving out your phone number, make sure that your voicemail box is set up, cleared out and your greeting is both clear and professional. Similarly, make sure you have access to the email you’re planning to use and alerts set so you don’t miss an important message. And – please – take an objective look at your email address and ask yourself if it is not only appropriate but reflects well on you. If not, set up a new one!
- Update your social profiles. Make sure your skills and employment are up to date on your LinkedIn profile, and continue making small additions throughout your job search—each time you update your profile, it puts that activity (and your name) in front of every one of your contacts. Any potentially offensive material on Facebook, Twitter, or other social networks should be deleted or removed from public view.
- Get your references ready. Make sure you have at least three good professional references ready to give potential employers. Lay the groundwork by asking permission to use your contacts as references and making sure you have an accurate title, phone number, and email address for each reference.
- Update your resume. We’ve discussed tips for updating your resume in more detail previously. Reduce the footprint of irrelevant experience in your resume, and make sure to add information about your most recent job. Include specific information about your job performance (i.e. sales metrics, management successes, technical benchmarks), and don’t forget to mention any special training or certifications you’ve received.
- Let Copier Careers know you’re ready to make a move. As the only recruiting firm exclusively dedicated to the Copier Channel, we’re passionate about connecting our clients with the best sales, service, office support, and management professionals. Browse our job board or submit your resume today!